Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • About us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy & Policy
The iGaming Europe
20K+LinkedIn followers2.5MImpressions, 90 daysRequest media pack
  • Home
  • Categories
    • Leadership Appointment
    • Industry Trends
    • Announcements
    • Business Strategy
    • Industry PR
    • Featured
  • Regions
    • Nordics
    • Southern
    • Western
    • Eastern
    • Central
    • UKI
    • DACH
    • MGA
    • LatAM
    • North America
    • Oceania
    • Asia
  • Financial Report
  • Regulatory Compliance
  • About us
ai hub
No Result
View All Result
subscribe
  • Home
  • Categories
    • Leadership Appointment
    • Industry Trends
    • Announcements
    • Business Strategy
    • Industry PR
    • Featured
  • Regions
    • Nordics
    • Southern
    • Western
    • Eastern
    • Central
    • UKI
    • DACH
    • MGA
    • LatAM
    • North America
    • Oceania
    • Asia
  • Financial Report
  • Regulatory Compliance
  • About us
ai hub
No Result
View All Result
subscribe
The iGaming Europe
No Result
View All Result

Home » Brazil Publishes 2,240 Pages on 85 Betting Licences

Brazil Publishes 2,240 Pages on 85 Betting Licences

Bartosz Hrydziuszko by Bartosz Hrydziuszko
August 18, 2026
in Regulatory Compliance
Reading Time: 4 mins read
Brazil's finance ministry released 582 documents showing how 85 betting operators were authorised, the first of more than 25,000 files.

Brazil's finance ministry released 582 documents showing how 85 betting operators were authorised, the first of more than 25,000 files.

Brazil’s Ministry of Finance has published 582 documents totalling 2,240 processed pages that set out how 85 companies won authorisation to run fixed-odds betting in the country. The files went live on 12 August 2026 and are the first tranche of an archive the ministry says will eventually exceed 25,000 documents.

The material comes from the Secretariat of Prizes and Betting (SPA), the unit inside the finance ministry that licenses and supervises the market. It sits on a dedicated active transparency portal reached from the ministry’s homepage under the banner “Transparência Ativa: Processos de Autorização de Apostas de Quota Fixa”, which also lists the authorised operators and their administrative case numbers.

Advertise on The iGaming Europe Your brand here Book now→

What the first tranche contains

Phase one covers five categories of technical assessment produced by SPA staff while reviewing each application.

The legal qualification opinion tests whether the applicant met the corporate and legal requirements of the licensing regime. The suitability opinion assesses the integrity of controlling shareholders and administrators. A third opinion examines the origin of the funds behind the application, the applicant’s financial capacity and its anti-money laundering controls. A fourth confirms payment of the concession fee. The final analysis report consolidates the other four and states the basis on which the authorisation was granted or refused.

RELATEDPOSTS

Australia Agrees Gambling Ad Reforms, Industry Objects

UKGC Removed 252 Illegal Lotteries From Social Media

Albania Reopens Online Betting With 10-Licence Cap

Together the five documents amount to the paper trail behind every licence issued so far. Under Law 14,790/2023, operators paid a R$30m grant fee for a five-year authorisation covering up to three brands, and the suitability and source-of-funds tests were the parts of the process that drew the most scrutiny from lawmakers and from the market itself.

Redactions and the phased rollout

The ministry is releasing the archive in stages rather than at once. It says personal data, legally protected commercial information and other restricted material are removed or anonymised before publication, under Brazil’s General Data Protection Law (LGPD) and the access to information framework. The 2,240 pages already online are described as treated pages, meaning they have been through that review.

No completion date has been given for the remaining phases. The ministry has said only that further documents covering how each authorisation was decided will follow gradually.

The pledge behind the release

The publication follows a commitment made in June 2026 by Finance Minister Dario Durigan, who took over the ministry in March, that the authorisation files would be opened up.

“This government is not a government of secrecy, it is not a government that intends to keep information and omit information from people,” Durigan said in June, in remarks translated from Portuguese.

The ministry framed the August release in the same terms, calling it a way to guarantee transparency over decisions that granted market access to the operators now competing for Brazilian players.

A regulator under pressure on several fronts

The disclosure lands in the middle of a contested period for the regulated market. SPA suspended Pixbet and ordered player refunds over compliance failures earlier in August, a reminder that authorisation is not the end of the supervisory process.

The legal foundation of the regime is also unsettled. The Supreme Federal Court (STF) suspended its gambling case in August with a ruling due in November on whether the 2023 betting law is constitutional. In Congress, a bill to ban online casino games remains live, and lawmakers returned from recess with the measure still on the agenda.

Opening the licensing files gives critics of the market a documented record to work from, and gives licensed operators a documented record of the standards they were held to. Both sides of that argument have been running on assertion rather than paperwork.

What to watch next

The immediate question is how quickly the remaining 23,000 or so documents appear and whether later phases include the refused and abandoned applications rather than only the approvals. Compliance teams will also be reading the published opinions for what SPA treated as sufficient evidence on source of funds and shareholder suitability, since those criteria apply to every future licence request and to any transfer of control in the existing market. The STF ruling in November will decide the ground the whole archive stands on.

Source: Ministry of Finance

Tags: LatAM
ShareTweet1Share2SendShareSendSummarize
Native Banner No gifs. No blur Reserve yours→
Previous Post

Australia Agrees Gambling Ad Reforms, Industry Objects

Next Post

Anthropic Watermarks Claude Text: What iGaming Must Know

Bartosz Hrydziuszko

Bartosz Hrydziuszko

Bartosz Michael brings over a decade of expertise to the iGaming industry, specializing in European gambling markets, regulatory compliance, and operator analysis. With 233 published articles covering everything from licensing developments to market expansions across jurisdictions including the UK, Malta, Sweden, and emerging European markets, Bartosz has established himself as a trusted voice for industry professionals seeking actionable insights. His deep understanding of cross-border gambling regulations, responsible gaming initiatives, and compliance frameworks makes his content essential reading for operators navigating the complex European regulatory landscape. Throughout his 10+ years in iGaming journalism, Bartosz has developed extensive relationships with regulatory bodies, gaming authorities, and industry stakeholders across Europe. His investigative approach to covering licensing disputes, regulatory reforms, and market entries has helped operators, suppliers, and legal professionals stay ahead of legislative changes. Whether analyzing MGA directives, UKGC consultations, or Curaçao licensing reforms, Bartosz delivers comprehensive coverage that bridges the gap between regulatory complexity and practical business application, making him an invaluable resource for compliance officers and gaming executives alike

loader
The iGaming Europe

The iGaming Europe Newsletter

Industry intelligence delivered weekly.


I accept the terms and conditions
Did you know

Your buyers stopped clicking Google

AI answers took the clicks. LinkedIn took the citations.
58% Fewer clicks on Google’s top-ranking result
8% Still click a result when an AI Overview appears
#1 LinkedIn, most-cited domain for professional queries
Ahrefs · Pew Research · Profound · Semrush, 2025–2026 See the full study→

FOLLOW US

LinkedIn Telegram Twitter

LATEST

Brazil's finance ministry released 582 documents showing how 85 betting operators were authorised, the first of more than 25,000 files.

Brazil Publishes 2,240 Pages on 85 Betting Licences

August 18, 2026
Labor and the Coalition agreed 15 amendments to Australia's gambling ad laws, including an ACMA-run opt-out register. Operators warn on timelines.

Australia Agrees Gambling Ad Reforms, Industry Objects

August 18, 2026
The Gambling Commission removed 252 illegal lotteries from social media in 12 months. New research finds entrants judge raffles on trust, not legality.

UKGC Removed 252 Illegal Lotteries From Social Media

August 18, 2026
Infingame and 3 Oaks Gaming say regional player behaviour is reshaping how aggregators build operator portfolios and how studios develop content.

Infingame and 3 Oaks Gaming reveal how regional player behaviour is reshaping game aggregation

August 18, 2026
NorthStar Gaming has confirmed Corey Goodman as chief executive and named Ben Powell interim CFO as it works through three overdue audits.

NorthStar Gaming Names Corey Goodman Permanent CEO

August 18, 2026
Load More

POPULAR

Brazil's Finance Ministry suspended Pixbet nationwide, ordered bet refunds and a BRL 1.1bn asset freeze amid a money-laundering probe, Operation Arena.

Brazil Suspends Pixbet, Orders Refunds Over Compliance

August 17, 2026
Remote Gaming Duty hit 40% in April 2026. UKGC quarterly GGY data, the UK top 14 gambling domains by visits, and the layoffs that followed.

UK iGaming Market 2026: Tax, UKGC Data, Workforce

August 12, 2026
Entain has launched Seven, a free-to-play football app with a £100,000 weekly jackpot, built inside Angstrom to feed younger players to Ladbrokes.

Entain Launches Free-to-Play Football App Seven in UK

August 11, 2026
Rank has opened a consultation on closing Grosvenor Casino Reading Central after £2.3m of losses in six years and a £500,000 operating loss last year.

Rank proposes closure of Grosvenor Casino Reading Central

August 11, 2026
The iGaming Europe We’ll be at SBC Summit Meet us in Lisbon MEO Arena, Portugal 29 Sept – 1 Oct 2026 Book a meeting in Lisbon→
The iGaming Europe

2026 All rights reserved | iO Media Group

  • About us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy & Policy

No Result
View All Result
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Categories
    • Leadership Appointment
    • Industry Trends
    • Announcements
    • Business Strategy
    • Industry PR
    • Featured
  • Regions
    • Nordics
    • Southern
    • Western
    • Eastern
    • Central
    • UKI
    • DACH
    • MGA
    • LatAM
    • North America
    • Oceania
    • Asia
  • Financial Report
  • Regulatory Compliance
  • About us

2026 All rights reserved | iO Media Group

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.